Tuesday, July 13, 2010

13th July 2010

I am so bad.. I haven't posted anything down here in a while... Guess I need to be punished! Now, shall I get to updating on all the recent hubbub?

I have been spending a hell of a lot of time with my favourite Algerian Angel here in Arusha... going out and getting up to mischief! She has indeed taught me lots on the lessons and mysteries of life.. and eating pop tarts at 2 o' clock in the morning!

Finally done with school.. only got a year left! That is so scary.. especially the fact that I am indeed turning 18 in two months.. hmm, looks like I've got to do what I can to preserve my youth!
On a pleasant note, I won the English and literature award at my school... I can safely say that I was shocked, impressed... and so psyched! As my good friend Cammy's mom told me; 'A South African girl getting an award for English! That is something!' I feel so too... especially since I have a teeny bit of a compulsive disorder on words being spelled right!

On something a bit more dramatic... a very good friend of mine (Pipsy) got mistreated by some of her friends before her high school graduation. I was so shocked.. and so angry. The one girl had supposedly been her friend the whole year.. someone she shared a deep intimacy with. One day a new girl shows up and steals her friendship. Pipsy starts feeling as if the new girl is hitting on her boyfriend... but since we all like the new girl (and honestly thought she was such a sweety) we told her that nothing of the sorts was going on. Next thing we know, my dear Pipsy is being stabbed in the back by that friend who was trying her utmost best to get the new girl and Pipsy's boyfriend together. A bunch of racist comments.. scrabbling out of names and drama and just a hell of a lot of unfairness followed. Pipsy really does not deserve it... but what can one do.. I've tried to talk to the new girl, but all she did was deny everything... everything I KNEW to be true. Guess you really cannot trust anyone in this world of ours.... a pity.

Rather a lot of guys seem to be interested in me lately.. and all I seem to do is set my eyes on one person and ignore the rest... Maybe I am a Meany.. who knows. I do know though that I am picky... and I need to start letting my guard down a bit! Enjoy life and forget about my worries!

Off down South to the motherland on the 29th.. and between me and you.. I really cannot wait! Shopping.. family.. sight seeing..smell.. and did I mention shops and good food! Then I'm off to the splendid desert sands of the great Namibia to visit my dearest older sister... again, I truly can't wait.. a trip like this is only destined to be great!

Got a second bout of the dreaded flu again now... it sucks. The last time I had it was about three weeks ago... and sounded a bit like a drunken goose. Let's see what I end up sounding like this time round! Any guesses??

Well goodnight all ye, take care and may the sky not fall on yer heads!
x

1 comment:

  1. Hey Well Done on the award!! that is very exciting. I am sorry about your friend. I haven't had poptarts for years, i shall have to remedy that right away (but i don't think i can stay up till 2!).
    Have a wonderful time in S.A. and oh me oh my, Namibia... i'll hope you'll remember your camera. ;)

    xo lori

    ReplyDelete